Tuesday 18 April 2017

A nameless bird....

What is that bird that flits in and out of my sight, unobtrusively silent?

At first I don't really notice it. I'm distracted by brighter, more visible birds.

But it comes again. My mind tells me it's a particular type of bird, until I notice a marking that throws me.

I start searching for what it is, with my rudimentary knowledge.

This is new to me, seeing the subtle beauty of each bird. But now I am seeing the subtle strokes of creation in each creature.

I find what I think it may be. That's good. I know now. I give it a name.

My mind taps quietly into my spirit - it doesn't quite fit though. But I'll make that name fit, I'll put that name on it for me to make sense of it.

Another view of the bird then shows another possibility. I'm thrown into confusion.

But I can make this new name fit it - that is it's identity - I have decided. I can make sense of that.

My mind somewhere is feeling unconvinced by this, but I push away any other possibilities.

Then it comes again into my vision, quietly, almost invisible, moving - majestic with purpose.

Suddenly my eyes click into true vision as I see her. Her context is revealed. I see her, who she really is. She comes into sharp focus.

In my mind I say to her...

I see you. I see who you really are now. Your purpose, your worth, your identity.

I tried to make you fit how I saw you - to make it easier for me to make sense of you. But I see you, now in truth and reality.

I see you.... I am you.

I have been made to fit another name. I have only been half seen, only half noticed. I have been quietly, unobtrusively moving about, in and out of sight - seen in different ways.

But now my true identity is revealed. My context is revealed. I am seen as I am, my purpose coming into clear focus.

I am a child of God. I am loved. I have meaning. I have worth. I am accepted and belong to my Father God. Christ gives me that identity, that truth. His subtle strokes of creation in me.

I am the apple of His eye. I am seen, loved and adored.

My identity in Him is majestic with purpose. I give praise to the Lord, with all I am, in my body, soul and spirit.

I rest in Him alone. I belong to Him.

That nameless bird does have a name, I have a name, we are all seen. The Lord knows every detail in all creation - it's unfathomable - God's love abounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment