Wednesday 26 April 2017

The cross at every heatbeat....

I close my eyes. I see the cross. I'm lost in a moment - time has stopped around me.

All I can feel is my heartbeat. I see the cross at every beat of my heart.

I am in awe. My mind is reaching out, grasping for understanding.

I cannot comprehend.

Christ died on that cross; took every sin on Him, in time - on earth.

The pain, the agony, the shame, the torture. Every cruelty, every neglect. He took it all; saw the depths of hell for us.

He died. He took death on Himself for me. He took that death away from me.

As Christ broke the chains of death - He rose from that death into unending life. A message of hope for us. I just need to believe, to repent, to ask Him to take away my sins, and to live and reign in me. This is a gift - connected back to my Father God.

Life in fullness is possible, as I believe what He said and what He has done is true.

The pain, the agony, the shame, the torture. Every cruelty, every neglect. Every sin can be forgiven.

He took it - all I've ever done or ever will do - He took it.

I am in awe. I am convicted. I confess it. I repent. I ask for forgiveness. He forgives me. I am forgiven. I believe. I accept this gift - freely given by grace.

I am in awe.

I am undeserving, but I can be free, alive, restored. The chains of death broken - as Christ lives in me.

The cross is at every beat of my heart. A timeless moment. Eternal life. Hope for mankind. Hope for me - to live in truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment