Sunday 16 April 2017

A new creation....

I wake. The morning is cold, uninviting, bleak. Melancholy hangs in the air.

The days never change. Each one monotonous, dark, rigid.

The days merge. There is nothing new - I see nothing new.

The order of life, of seasons; Sunrise, sunset - it is mechanical. It always has been, life after life.

Man's existence , for what?

To work, to eat, to struggle, in pain, 'til death?

Fallen, lost, aimless, lifeless, existing, not living.... robbed.


I wake again to the same world. I am still in it.

But now I see warmth, I see scope, I see change. Every moment has never been seen before.

That leaf that fell has never or never will ever fall exactly the same way again.

That bird will never fly that exact same path - it never has, it never will.

That cloud forms a unique shape. The sky displays a pattern so subtle, one colour added, one taken away, a moment never to be repeated.

Every detail crafted, created. Within this order is creative uniqueness - moment by moment.

It's breath taking.

Man's existence, for what?

To connect, to love, to be in relationship with the Creator.

Death beaten. Christ the Saviour brings us to that communion, with God for eternity.

Restored, found, purposeful, abounding in life, connected, loved, forgiven..... set free.

No comments:

Post a Comment