Sunday 16 April 2017

Hope in the darkness...

I feel the darkness creep into me again. My spirit cries within me as I recall the passage of time.

A moment that feels so fleeting, in reality years have passed by.

That worry wells up - uninvited, yet clinging to me. A dark stain amidst the light, seeping into me.

The fear intermingles with that stain, trying to engulf me - with memories of pain and loss, goading me that it's coming again - like floodwater seeping past the defences ready to overtake and overwhelm me.

But the Lord is my defence. His peace erases the stain. He protects me from harm. His love upholds me, He covers me and holds me.

He is the only one to rest in. He restores me and plants hope in me, pushing back that stain, releasing and freeing me.

He strengthens me and wipes away all tears. His promises are steadfast. His plans of hope resound in me as I keep my eyes on Him.

My Saviour, my friend, My Lord.

He walks with me on that path - He holds my hand, He comforts me and restores me.

I praise the Lord. I give Him all that I am. I cry out to Him in my pain and He holds me - I am His.

No comments:

Post a Comment